Thursday, July 19, 2012

Exercising and Cooking

07/16/12:  Curves
7 yellow dots, 338 calories burned

07/17/12:  Neighborhood and Living Room
1.5 mile walk with D in the stroller and the Husband.

Then I did the Pinterest workout from July 15th.  I changed it up a little.  I did the crunches on a ball and instead of arm circles I did lateral raises with 8 lb weights.  Those little modifications really made it a challenge!

07/18/12:  Curves and Neighborhood
10 yellow dots :( :(  and 227 calories burned

I was so SORE from the Pinterest workout that I couldn't go full blast!  Ugh!

3 mile walk without children.  Woohoo!!

So last night I made a new recipe, you guessed it - from Pinterest.  I think I need a Pintervention...

Here is my review (I know you are on the edge of your seat):

This is what I chose:








Doesn't that look pretty?

So, it is basically lemons sliced, salmon on top, butter, and the spices you choose all wrapped up in aluminum foil.  I used minced garlic, pepper and Season All.  The instructions say to cook this at 300° for 25 minutes.  This does not work, ya'll.  I had to put it back in the oven two more times.  I'm going to guess that 450° for about 20 minutes would have been perfect.  It turned out good.  By the time we finally sat down we were tired, cranky and hungry.  I think I will make this again but definitely will not be cooking it at 300°.

My halfway finished product (I think it went back in the oven one more time):



Our side was this fabulous tomato and corn salad I found in Good Housekeeping


The recipe is as follows:

2lbs of cherry tomatoes sliced
6 ears of corn
4 jalapenos (Good Housekeeping says to put them in raw, but my fab husband removes the seeds and cooks them in olive oil for me)
3 green onions (I forgot to buy them this time.  The salad was still good, but we could definitely tell they were missing.  I also prefer more than 3.)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lime juice
salt and pepper to taste

This makes a ton, but it is good left over.  I didn't think it would be because of the tomatoes, but it is!  We will be having it again tonight.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment