Friday, August 24, 2012

Super Nanny - You. Rock. My. Socks. Off.

As you might have read previously, we got D a big boy bed for his birthday.  The first night was great, he went right to sleep and slept all night.  This was Sunday and he was worn smooth out.  He probably would have slept on the kitchen table all night.  Monday night and Tuesday night the husband was still home and pretty much took care of getting D in bed.  Which meant he got him to sleep on the couch one night and laid him in bed and the next night he laid in the room with him.  J left town Wednesday so D was left with mama.  Poor D... { Little history on Amy D. - I believe in crying it out, I also have a degree in Family Life Education, as such, I am always looking for new ways to handle my minions children.  I drive people insane with my opinions on many things and most think I am crazy in that I do not spank.  I also heart Jo Frost. }  So, Wednesday night when D decided he was not going to bed, I implemented the nighttime routine many of you have seen on the Super Nanny.  It lasted an hour and a half.  I spent most of the time trying not to laugh at poor little D.  At one point I found him laying in the hallway without a diaper on holding a new diaper for me to change him.  He was willing to try ANYTHING to not go to sleep.  I will say that it was hard to not look at him.  He really wanted mama to look at him and communicate with him.  He finally realized that mama was not giving in and told me "I night night".  I laid him down and he did not get back up.

Last night (Thursday), D passed out around 8:30.  I put him in his bed, he woke up and looked at me but I just covered him up and shut the door.  He slept all night!  Success!!  Jo's method worked like a charm.  I will keep you updated as to how our nights continue.  When E was little I used the same method but she was not as stubborn as D.  I put her in bed a few times and she was done.  She is like her mama, we like our sleep.  I did; however, use another of Jo Frost's suggestions with E.  She was always scared of something and Jo said to use a spray bottle of water as "monster spray" to spray away the monsters.  I turned a body splash from BBW into our "monster spray" and we were good to go!  It also made my house smell good.

Wow, I got off on a tangent.  With the weird nights I have had since Monday, I haven't had my normal amount of sleep.  Even though two of those nights J was on D duty, I still could not sleep.  I still feel like it is my responsibility to take care of that kind of stuff and have a hard time sleeping (something I clearly need to work on).  As such, my diet and exercise have SUFFERED.  I refuse to weigh right now after all of the cake and crap I have consumed in the last few days (last weekend included).

08/23/12:  Curves
Crap workout.  I could hardly get myself off of the couch to go.  I almost declined my mom's phone call when she was calling to tell me she would watch D so I could go.  I was worthless!   I was mad at myself.  I think I burned like 321 calories and I think I only had two greens.  Boo.

After putting the Super Nanny's method in action, hopefully my nights are back to normal and I get my ZZZs again!  It has to work.  If not I will hire a night nanny and pay her in Zeal.  Speaking of Zeal, you guys should check out my website.  I am addicted to this stuff.  I do not survive the day without it.  Seriously, I skipped it on a Saturday a couple of weeks ago and I literally yawned all day.  Stupid move on my part.  Check it, hoes, NOW!            

Peace.


Those lips!

He loves sissy lovins.  Sometimes I laugh when she tortures him.

1 comment: