Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Oh, Hello Old Friend.

So, basically I did nothing this weekend except eat candy.  I was a cranky, chocolate eating, zombie.  Poor D, he was stuck with me all weekend.  He got chocolate too, though.  So it was all good in the hood.  I did get a burst of energy on Sunday and got all of my grocery shopping done for the rest of January and hopefully through February.  I do think I am going to have to pick up some chicken broth before February is out, but that isn't too bad.  Here is my menu for February:



After my cranky, chocolate eating, zombie filled weekend I weighed Monday morning and did not like the results.  As such, I decided yesterday that I would visit my old friend, Lose It!.  I love and hate this app all at the same time.  I have used it off and on for a really long time.  It is so simple - you put in your weight, your goal weight, how much you want to lose a week, height, and gender then it calculates it for you and tells you what to do.  Then it leaves the hard part to you ... controlling those cravings!!  If you take it seriously, it really makes you think about every single thing you put in your mouth.  And it reminds you to be aware of portion sizes.  Which is quite depressing when all you really want to do is eat puffy Cheetos until every finger is deliciously orange.  However, when you go to bed at night and you know that you stayed under your calories for the day you feel good and even better when you weigh the next morning!  For example, yesterday afternoon E asked me to make brownies so I did.  Now, normally when mama makes brownies, mama eats the brownies.  I am proud to say that I did not eat one brownie yesterday or this morning and they looked really good this morning.  All because I didn't want to have to log the nine that I would normally eat.  One of the really cool features about Lose It! is that you can have friends, but here is the sad part - none of my friends are logging anymore.  Which means this is my plea for friends!  Anyone .... Bueller?  

Here are a few random photos to add some fun:


My smarty pants is on the Superintendent's Honor Roll and got the Super Bug Award

D took photos Saturday morning.  He thought it was really funny to put his foot in my face.

And, for all of you crazies that are wishing for summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment