Thursday, August 1, 2013

I think I have a problem...

So, my friend Martinez had an idea (inspired by one of the professional blogs we stalk).  As I am getting up to go to the back to pop my snack size popcorn (they're never big enough), she says this girl isn't looking at the scale the whole month of August, you want to do that?  I immediately started shaking, like physically shaking.  I even said I'm shaking aren't I?  Martinez confirmed.  This is not a normal reaction.  Why did I react like that?  I don't feel like I am a crazy person that is obsessed with the scale.  I do weigh myself every day, sometimes more than once a day, but I didn't really think if a scale was removed for a month I would react that way.  After I recovered from this shocking idea, we talked about it a little more and she has suggested just two weeks without the scale.  I agreed, we will see how this works.  Can I do it?  I feel so stressed right now!  

Maybe if I can free myself of my addiction with weighing, it will free my addictions to cookies, chips and ice cream.  Probably not.  

1 comment: