Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Thoughtful Thursday on Tuesday

Thursdays are scary days for Madam Martinez and I.  For some reason on Thursdays we come up with the craziest ideas.  Then - because there are two of us - we hold each other accountable and make sure that we uphold our end of the deal.  We decided that we were going to keep doing these two week challenges.  You may have read about when we didn't weigh for two weeks here.  I survived, barely.  And am sad to report that I did not lose any weight, I maintained.  Highly disappointing.  Our new challenge has been no diet pop. This one has been difficult, but not as difficult as not weighing.  For M Martinez, on the other hand, this one has been really rough.  Props to The Martinez as well for threatening to rat her out, should she try to sneak one.

Yes, she is "Paquin" in my phone.  Long story. 
So, if anyone wants to join in on our two week challenges, you should and you should let us know that you are.  We apparently hate ourselves because we have also decided that we cannot have a sandwich from Napoleon's Deli until we both have a ten pound weight loss.  I told E about this challenge last night when we drove by and she was practically salivating out the window.  She immediately turned to me and said "go run, do something, lose ten pounds".  That is how serious this one is, my nine year old would throw down for some of the sauce they put on those sammies.   

On another note, school has started again and my baby E is now in fourth grade.



 I did a little baking this weekend.  I say that like this is normal and I am Susie homemaker.  I just really like this recipe and how low in calories it is.  I am pretty sure that I have actually posted it before.  This time I made it without chocolate chips so it is even lower.  Woot woot.

Hide your cake mixes, hide your box tops.. I will cut them out.

You don't need any added sugars with this sweet boy helping.


    
Two ingredients:  pumpkin puree and a dry chocolate cake mix.  Mix it up and put them in your muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.  They end up being roughly 145 calories each.  My new fave thing: I put them each in a baggy, put them in the freezer, and when I need some cake I throw it in the microwave for 30 seconds and it is glorious!!

Be looking for our next two week challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment