Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Things I Learned on My Trip to Florida

These are the things I learned on my trip to Hollywood, Florida.  They are in no particular order; just things that come to my mind.

1.  Residents of Hollywood, Florida are rude.  Please be advised that your town runs on the money of the tourists; as such, get over yourselves.

2.  I loved walking and running on the Broadwalk (even though I kept calling it the Boardwalk; it goes much better with the song).  You walk everywhere there and I loved that.  I hit 10,000 steps by like 1:00 p.m. every day.  Amazing.

This is not what I am used to!

3.  I could live in a small beach town and be happy (in a house that is a normal size).  That is probably what I will do when I win the lottery.  Note to self - start playing the lottery.

4.  There was a mermaid waiting on me.  They are real, so don't even start with me.




5.   When something hard touches my foot in the ocean - I freak out.  So does my preteen.  We are entertaining to watch.

6.    I survived the plane rides.  I survived planes taking off five times.  I survived planes landing  five times.  My children survived as well.  Neither one of them had been on a plane before, they were both amazing for all the plane rides.  The first time we took off D yelled wwwwwhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyy???????  Which was hilarious. 

7.  My family can get along in a very small room with one bathroom for five days.  The kids didn't even really fight that much.  I was impressed; wait, let me specify - not impressed with the hotel; but my family's ability to accommodate the hotel's shortcomings.  

8.  After I recover from this trip, I will consider another one :)

Ready to go!




She is always dancing, even at the beach.

I so wanted that sign for her bedroom door.

My first panorama photo!

All the crazies at Margaritaville.

The day we left was cold!


His shirt says "I'd flex but I like this shirt".  Quite the gem we found for D.

I think that is all I have for now.  We are back in Oklahoma and school started back today.  So I guess I am adulting again.  Lame.  Now to get started on all of those goals I made...  

-Amy D.

No comments:

Post a Comment