These are the things I learned on my trip to Hollywood, Florida. They are in no particular order; just things that come to my mind.
1. Residents of Hollywood, Florida are rude. Please be advised that your town runs on the money of the tourists; as such, get over yourselves.
2. I loved walking and running on the Broadwalk (even though I kept calling it the Boardwalk; it goes much better with the song). You walk everywhere there and I loved that. I hit 10,000 steps by like 1:00 p.m. every day. Amazing.
|This is not what I am used to!|
3. I could live in a small beach town and be happy (in a house that is a normal size). That is probably what I will do when I win the lottery. Note to self - start playing the lottery.
4. There was a mermaid waiting on me. They are real, so don't even start with me.
5. When something hard touches my foot in the ocean - I freak out. So does my preteen. We are entertaining to watch.
6. I survived the plane rides. I survived planes taking off five times. I survived planes landing five times. My children survived as well. Neither one of them had been on a plane before, they were both amazing for all the plane rides. The first time we took off D yelled wwwwwhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyy??????? Which was hilarious.
7. My family can get along in a very small room with one bathroom for five days. The kids didn't even really fight that much. I was impressed; wait, let me specify - not impressed with the hotel; but my family's ability to accommodate the hotel's shortcomings.
8. After I recover from this trip, I will consider another one :)
|Ready to go!|
|She is always dancing, even at the beach.|
|I so wanted that sign for her bedroom door.|
|My first panorama photo!|
|All the crazies at Margaritaville.|
|The day we left was cold!|
|His shirt says "I'd flex but I like this shirt". Quite the gem we found for D.|