Thursday, February 1, 2018

A Day in the Life

So, yes, Martinez and I are getting fancy.  We are doing our own "day in the life" posts.  We get really excited when these are posted on the blogs we follow so we decided to do our own.  After a very scientific process that included a coin toss we decided on Wednesday as our day.

So here it goes. 

My first alarm goes off at 4:45 a.m..  I am a chronic snooze button pusher and have to give myself some time.  Anyways, I'm up about 5:00 a.m. 


I start with reading my One Year Bible and coffee. 


 
After my quiet time, it is time to really get up and out of bed to start getting ready for the day.  (My morning time is just what is working for me right now.  There are times when I will get up at 4:20 a.m. to be able to workout and read my Bible and then there are days where I turn my alarm off and fly out of bed at 6:45 a.m. in a panic.  It's called balance, people.)  


The Greatest Showman soundtrack on my speaker in the bathroom for my shower.  #becauseduh

After I am out of the shower I get the kids up and start breakfast.   D has started setting his alarm for 6:00 a.m. and getting up on his own.  Do you guys know what his alarm song is?  The Greatest Showman and he picked it on his own.  I love it.  


Lemon water and my second coffee. 

After breakfast I finish the kids' lunches.  D still likes my notes on his napkins, the teenager has decided that she is too cool for my notes.


Then the drop off line.  Maybe I should start a weekly segment on things that make me roll my eyes while in the drop off or pick up line...


And of course a Snapchat to sister.  (I have been able to keep my streak with Em going for 19 days, I always forget and ruin it.)


After I drop D off (my cousin takes Em and her daughter to the middle school/high school and then I take the littles to the elementary/intermediate school).

After drop off I go on to work.  


Lunch at the office.  I pretended it was pizza. 


I am not sure how this happened; however, Martinez and I are the best of friends and we work together all day.  You know what we did not do on our "day in the life" day?  Take a photo together at work where we see each other every day. 

So after work and after a long conversation with Martinez regarding the selfie in the mirror - this is what I came up with. 


#awkward.

I changed after work and headed to the park to run.  I was so excited because my phone knew where I was going.  That must mean I am sticking to a schedule ;)


I forgot to take a photo at the park so you get this after.


When I got home I took Em and her friend, C, to youth group at church.  Then I completely forgot about the project of the day and quit taking photos.  

D and I did some picking up around the house and homework.  D had a rough day at school yesterday so he was in bed by about 8:30.  C's dad brought the girls home and Em was in bed by about 9:30.    

I hope I did not fail too badly on our first day in the life post!  

2 comments: