Saturday, January 27, 2018

Week 1

Hello all!  Today (Saturday) is the end of my first week of training for the Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon.  I have, unfortunately, allowed myself to get quite out of shape this past year so I am giving myself mucho grace throughout this process.  I do, however, feel that if I can stick to my training and push myself I can get that elusive PR in 2018.  I plan to update each week.  

This is the plan I am following:


Lindsey Hein created this plan for Zappos as they are a sponsor of her podcast and have a new site exclusively for running paraphernalia.  

By the way, if you are a podcast fan, you should check out her podcast.  She if full of energy and every single one of her episodes feels like you are hanging out with her and her guest.  And, she does not just have running related guests.  She has people from different walks of life.

Anyways, on to my performance :)

Monday:



 
I don't know what these things are but they are all over the path in one spot this time of year. 
I mentioned the new exercise equipment in my last post and my excitement has not faded.  On Monday they did not have all of them installed yet, but they did have this one:



I decided I should do these after every run.  Monday was cold but it was great to be outside running.

Tuesday:


I forgot how tight my calves get.  There was pain.  By Tuesday they had added a new machine:


I did this one each time I went around.  Tuesday was not cold, it was beautiful outside. 


That was me on the leg machine before I left wondering why I thought it would be a good idea as my legs were definitely feeling sore.  

Saturday:


Today was cold but not too cold.  It felt really good once I got started.


I know you are probably tired of hearing about the new exercise equipment at the park, but I do not care.  I do not know what this is for.  


Are they just for balance?  Those are springs under them and they are bouncy.  I need to know.  Somebody, please know and tell me.  Do not hold out on me, guys.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment