Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Spiders and Puppy Dog Tails

Apparently I think that I am entitled to take a break from working out.  I literally haven't done anything physical since last Tuesday.  Really, Amy?  The depressing thing is that I can feel myself getting flabbier!  So, last Thursday Martinez and I decided that we had to be grown ups again on Monday (today).  Basically we had the weekend to eat and sit on the couch with reckless abandonment.  SO, at 4:57 this morning when my alarm went off, I basically wanted to crawl back in bed, hide under the covers and cry.  I didn't.  I got up and got on the treadmill.  I so did not want to be on the treadmill!  I had to talk myself into it.  I said "self, you're going to run for 30 minutes".  I got started and realized I forgot to turn on the television.  I didn't get off to turn it on because I knew that I would just plop myself down on the couch and watch.  At 20 minutes I had to walk, couldn't do it anymore.  Then it happened - I see a spider crawling across the living room floor. We pay Terminix every month and when do I see a spider?  When I am fighting with myself to stay on the stupid treadmill.  I gave in, couldn't handle the spider.  I got off and killed it.

10/01/12:  Treadmill
24 minutes, 1.78 miles
I did some arm exercises with my hand weights and crunches to make myself feel a little better about the crappy treadmill performance.

10/01/12:  Yes, I worked out twice.  Began Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred
Ouch.

10/02/12:  Treadmill
36 minutes, 2.7 miles
Dang, I was sloppy this morning.  My legs were sore from Jillian!  I ran the majority, but had to walk at the end.


Due to the fact that I have been a lazy hag for a week and a half, I have failed to inform my blog friends of the newest addition to our family.  Introducing... Lizzy!



Creepy dog eyes!

Penny and Lizzy's first meeting

2 comments:

  1. What?!?!?! You got a new dog and didn't tell me? Is this my punishment for being gone last week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did get a new dog and she is very SWEET! No punishment, Vic, I am just behind on my updates with you. Dang bosses are actually making us work.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughtful Thursday

Welcome to Thoughtful Thursday with the  Martinez  and I.  We are answering 100 Questions from Four Hats and Frugal .  The questions are al...