Hi. Remember me? I have been missing my blog lately. I know it has been a hot minute over two years since I posted anything. It is what it is. So, since I last posted a lot has happened. I'm not going to tell you all of it, because that would take a while and my memory does not work that well. I was actually reading some of my old posts before I clicked to compose and was remembering all of the good times, super cool. Which made me mad at myself for not posting for two years. Whatever. So, two years - I'll just highlight some important things for you:
- E is eleven and will be twelve next month. She started middle school this year. Ugh. It has actually been a great experience, despite my trepidation.
- D is five and will be six in August. He started pre-k this year. It has been funny. This kid is funny.
- I have cooked awesome meals that totally should have been posted about. I have also heated up boxes of bagel bites and fed those to my kids as dinner (in the oven not the microwave, so that clearly makes me a little more awesome).
- I have made fun desserts that totally should have been posted about and I have also eaten spoonfuls of brown sugar because the cravings took over. Just do not comment on that. You haven't tried it so you don't know. Lay off.
- Martinez is still my homie. We still share an office and rock every day. And still have challenges.
- I have two new bffs, Mel (Melanie Shankle) and Jen (Jen Hatmaker). If I had to define our relationship, I would say it is a little one sided but that is okay. They do not exactly know me; I feel that if you listen to their audio books, it basically makes you friends.
- I have become a professional binge watcher. And have realized that a "show hole" is a real thing. Really real. It physically hurts sometimes. I am currently re-binge watching SOA and SATC (points to anyone that knows what they stand for). And, I am first time binge watching the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.
- I am obsessed with my Fitbit and my steps.
- I am not happy with my weight so that is a struggle. I mean, what female doesn't struggle with that?
- Dry shampoo.
- I planted a veggie garden and I am obsessed. This will be discussed in depth soon.
- I ran the 2015 Memorial half marathon and am running the 2016 Memorial half marathon this Sunday. I don't even know what my time was last year, the goal was to simply not die. This year I hope to do much better.
Those are things that come to mind when I think about the last two years. I'm sure there are more fabulous things; which I will think of as soon as I click 'publish'. I hope everyone has a most wonderful weekend! With good Friday night dinners. Oh, that is now my thing. I pretty much work all week for my Friday night dinners. I have several requirements to consider it successful:
1. Must be comfort food (comfort food is defined for me as whatever I am craving and not healthy).
2. If it is at home it needs to be planned to where I am not required to go to the store that day.
3. There needs to be some Mexican beer involved. Preferably Modelo Especial.
Okay, I think that is all for now.