Hi. Remember me? I have been missing my blog lately. I know it has been a hot minute over two years since I posted anything. It is what it is. So, since I last posted a lot has happened. I'm not going to tell you all of it, because that would take a while and my memory does not work that well. I was actually reading some of my old posts before I clicked to compose and was remembering all of the good times, super cool. Which made me mad at myself for not posting for two years. Whatever. So, two years - I'll just highlight some important things for you:
- E is eleven and will be twelve next month. She started middle school this year. Ugh. It has actually been a great experience, despite my trepidation.
- D is five and will be six in August. He started pre-k this year. It has been funny. This kid is funny.
- I have cooked awesome meals that totally should have been posted about. I have also heated up boxes of bagel bites and fed those to my kids as dinner (in the oven not the microwave, so that clearly makes me a little more awesome).
- I have made fun desserts that totally should have been posted about and I have also eaten spoonfuls of brown sugar because the cravings took over. Just do not comment on that. You haven't tried it so you don't know. Lay off.
- Martinez is still my homie. We still share an office and rock every day. And still have challenges.
- I have two new bffs, Mel (Melanie Shankle) and Jen (Jen Hatmaker). If I had to define our relationship, I would say it is a little one sided but that is okay. They do not exactly know me; I feel that if you listen to their audio books, it basically makes you friends.
- I have become a professional binge watcher. And have realized that a "show hole" is a real thing. Really real. It physically hurts sometimes. I am currently re-binge watching SOA and SATC (points to anyone that knows what they stand for). And, I am first time binge watching the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.
- I am obsessed with my Fitbit and my steps.
- I am not happy with my weight so that is a struggle. I mean, what female doesn't struggle with that?
- Dry shampoo.
- I planted a veggie garden and I am obsessed. This will be discussed in depth soon.
- I ran the 2015 Memorial half marathon and am running the 2016 Memorial half marathon this Sunday. I don't even know what my time was last year, the goal was to simply not die. This year I hope to do much better.
Those are things that come to mind when I think about the last two years. I'm sure there are more fabulous things; which I will think of as soon as I click 'publish'. I hope everyone has a most wonderful weekend! With good Friday night dinners. Oh, that is now my thing. I pretty much work all week for my Friday night dinners. I have several requirements to consider it successful:
1. Must be comfort food (comfort food is defined for me as whatever I am craving and not healthy).
2. If it is at home it needs to be planned to where I am not required to go to the store that day.
3. There needs to be some Mexican beer involved. Preferably Modelo Especial.
Okay, I think that is all for now.
1. What we're eating this week This week will probably consist of a lot of sandwiches. The short weeks always seem crazier than t...
My ultimate Friday favorite is that it is indeed Friday. I love Fridays. 1. International Delight Salted Caramel Mocha coffee creamer...
Hello all and Happy Friday of Fall Break! So, obviously, my first favorite is going to be that we are on Fall Break. Even though I still ...