Friday, October 20, 2017

Friday Favorites

Hello all and Happy Friday of Fall Break!  So, obviously, my first favorite is going to be that we are on Fall Break.  Even though I still have to work, if my children are on break - it is a huge break for me.  No homework, no lunches, no dragging children out of bed, and most importantly - no drop off or pick up line.  The drop off/pick up line is a topic for another day and definitely not a Friday Favorite.  

My second Friday Favorite is our trip to the pumpkin patch last weekend.  We visited the Myriad Botanical Gardens Pumpkinville in Oklahoma City.  We had a blast.



Laura Ingalls!  I love all things Little House on the Prairie.


Love D's photo bomb here. 






My third favorite is going to be my dinner I made last Saturday night - after Pumpkinville.  

I made Chicken Parmesan and it was amazing.  I lightly used this recipe.  I did not use her measurements but used her ingredients.  I was making dinner for five people and knew I wanted some leftovers so I made more.  I boiled spaghetti noodles and heated up Ragu to serve with the chicken.  My picky ways from my childhood bubbles to the surface in ways like my dedication to traditional Ragu.  There are no tomato chunks and it is basically the only way to eat spaghetti, in my opinion.  Here is a photo of my chicken out of the oven with the mozzarella melted and golden brown on top.  Y'all this was delicious.


My fourth favorite just happened last night.  We had our First Annual Halloween Movie Night.  Last night we watched Hocus Pocus and Beetlejuice.  I realized that E has never even seen Hocus Pocus <--- #momfail.  She said oh is that where that saying on my cute candle from Target came from.  Yes, my darling.  


I channeled my inner Olivia Pope and ate popcorn and drank one of my favorite red wines.  It was a brilliant evening.  In between the two movies J hid from us with a mask on, it was practically like a haunted house inside; I also discovered that my children are probably not awesome candidates for going through a haunted house together.  :)  
  
Happy Fall Break Weekend to all!!

-Amy D.

No comments:

Post a Comment